The Ebenezer House, a historic country chalet, was once the Ebenezer Methodist Church in Culpeper, Virginia, built in 1901.Dismantled in 1984 by Richard Gordon, a well known Madison, Virginia cabinet and furniture joiner (Phineas Rose Wood Joinery) who moved the building to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in beautiful Madison County, near the Rapidan River, just 500 feet off of US Route 29 onto 621, West.
The house was beautifully renovated into a Bed & Breakfast and appointed with family antiques in 2000 by the innkeeper, Doris Webb. The Great Room with a wood burning stove consists of a formal living room, library with game table and a formal dining room opening on to the downstairs deck with a pond.
A 1900 square foot addition was built in 2008 in keeping with the original building’s style and history. The addition houses staff quarters and a handicap room for guests with disabilities.
The Ebenezer House is located in Central Virginia’s Piedmont Valley.