Bed and Breakfast Policies
Please review our policies
- Advance reservations require a 50% deposit. More than 3 days ahead.
- Reservations are confirmed by e-mail when payment is received, the balance due upon arrival. Virginia sales tax of 5.3% and a local Madison County tax of 5.0% will be added to all lodging.
- If it is necessary to cancel your reservations it must be done at least ten days in advance for a full refund of your deposit less any bank fees.
If cancellation is less than ten days in advance, a deposit refund will not be made unless we are able to rent your room to another party. We will make every effort to do so.
- If we are unable to rent our room, your deposit will be forfeited however, if you are able to come at a later date you will be given credit for your previously paid security deposit.
- Non-arrivals, without notification, will be billed to full amount of the reservation.
- If the Ebenezer House cancels your visit due to an emergency, your deposit will be refunded or you may schedule another date if you choose.
There are several area events, such as local graduations, etc, that require long term advance reservations and equally long term cancellation, please call or email for details.
- All guest cancellation refunds are subject to all bank/merchant credit card fees.
- Check in time: Any time after 4:00pm. Wine and cheese will be served in the living room between 4:00 and 7:00pm. To arrange a different check in time, please contact us. Check out time is 11:00am.
- Children are always welcome.
- Well trained pets are welcome, though because of guest with allergies we cannot allow cats. We have a Cockatoo (named Sweetie) which is kept in our private quarters. Smoking inside is not allowed, though decks and patio are ok for smoking.
- Candles are only for decoration and are NEVER to be lit as they can be a fire hazard!
- Please double check your room and bathroom before leaving for any of your items. If any of our items are removed, including the terry robes and slippers, you will be billed for their replacement.